World

NEET 2017: Supreme Court refuses to nullify results

NEET 2017: Supreme Court refuses to nullify results

To get admissions in UG (MBBS/BDS) courses can download Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 from official web portal at tnhealth.org.

The Tamil Nadu government today chose to go against Madras High Court for rejecting the state's order of proving 85% reservation in Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) to the students from the TN state board. "We will immediately appeal before a (division) bench of the high court", he said. As per the government's decision 85 per cent of MBBS and BDS seats would be reserved for students from Tamil Nadu board and the rest 15% for students from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and other board.

Justice K. Ravichandrabaabu passed the orders on Friday.

The legality of Tamil Nadu government's order was challenged in the High Court by a batch of students belonging to the CBSE stream. There are approximately 2172 MBBS seats in 19 Government Colleges and 85 BDS seats in 1 Dental College of Tamil Nadu State. States can reserve 85% seats for their students and leave the 15% quota for students from across the country ranking high on the NEET merit list.




This year 84,431 candidates have appeared for the Tamil Nadu National Eligibility Test (NEET) Examination.

The petitioners contended that the Apex court had clearly stated that when admission was based on NEET exam, it should make no difference whether the qualifying examination was conducted by the State Board or CBSE because no discrimination could be made between the schools affiliated to both the Boards.

The Government of Tamil Nadu has invited applications from the candidates to seek admissions into MBBS / BDS courses. The TN MBBS BDS Merit List consists of Candidates Name and Category, NEET Roll Number 2017 and AIR. The applications have been received for admission into 23 state-run medical colleges holding 2,594 seats. The selection committee has been working on the preparation of Tamilnadu NEET rank list even while the matter was subjudice in the Court.

The counselling for allotment of medical seats to students will begin in Tamil Nadu on July 17 and the court's order comes at a crucial time.