Sydney Nurse Dies of Pneumonia On Honeymoon Fiji

Sydney Nurse Dies of Pneumonia On Honeymoon Fiji

Mr Clarke is relieved have her out of Fiji after her sudden death on Friday, describing her agony before she died.

The couple had been on Fiji's main island in the lead-up to the wedding of Mr Clarke's best mate. "In between seeing her 10 minutes before... until she went to the room, within 20 minutes she called me and I knew we were at a critical stage when things had turned right upside down", Mr Clarke said.

Ms Clarke's brother wrote in a Facebook post on Friday night that the 24-year-old newlywed had gone into cardiac arrest five times within an hour. 'You attractive girl and incredible sister you will be deeply missed'.

"In the ambulance she started getting severe abdominal pain and I've heard a woman scream like that in my life", Mr Clarke said.

The couple Wednesday in April and were in Fiji for their honeymoon and also to attend Mr Clarke's best friend's wedding.

It was initially thought she had died due to typhoid, but blood tests revealed that the disease was not to blame.

Within hours she was rushed to hospital in Lautoka, half an hour north of popular tourist destination Nadi, where doctors first suspected Typhoid.

"I just said 'I love you, and we're going to get out of this, be strong, I love you, and I'm coming straight away'".

"The Children's Hospital at Westmead extends our deepest condolences and sympathies to Kelly's family, friends and colleagues, in particular, her husband".

Mr Clarke now has to plan a funeral six months after the couple were Wednesday.

Davis says they also believe it is important to respect her family's privacy at what must be a hard and distressing time.

Mrs Clarke grew up in Killarney Heights and worked for years at the Kirribilli Club for years, where the couple celebrated their wedding in April. She passed away shortly before she could be medically evacuated.

The ministry's permanent secretary, Philip Davies, said the ministry would not be commenting any further on Mrs Clarke's case until all the relevant facts were known.

The Department of Foreign Affairs is providing consular assistance to her family.

Her parents Graham and Karen Shaw have flown to Fiji and have chartered a private jet to fly her body home but are awaiting approval from Fijian authorities which could take several days.