In Jail, Rajesh & Nupur Talwar gave medical service for free, refused remuneration

In Jail, Rajesh & Nupur Talwar gave medical service for free, refused remuneration

Nupur, Rajesh Talwar have offered to visit prison every fortnight to treat prisoners. Jail officials said the two went to the clinic in the jail hospital despite Sunday being a holiday. "They have assured us they will visit the jail to attend to inmates every 15 days after their release", jail doctor Sunil Tyagi said.

The dentist couple are lodged in Dasna Jail since November 2013 after they were convicted by thel CBI court in the sensational double murder case They were acquitted by the Allahabad High Court in the case last week.

Four days after being declared innocent of murdering their only child Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in their apartment in Noida in 2008, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar will walk out of jail today. The release order will be then be taken to Ghaziabad's Dasna jail.

Talwars gave medical service for free, refused remuneration.

A special CBI court in Ghaziabad convicted Rajesh and Nupur in 2013 and sentenced them to life imprisonment.

Usually, Rajesh sees around 15-20 patients at his clinic, but he attended to over 40 patients on Friday, as news spread that the couple is expecting to be released soon, the officials said.

The Central Bureau of Investigation also worked along the same lines - that Aarushi and Hemraj had been caught in the sexual act by her parents.

On May 16, 2008, Aarushi was found murdered inside her bedroom in the flat in Jal Vayu Vihar - her throat slit with surgical precision.

Meer Tanvir Ahmad, the counsel for the Talwars, said that the court pointed out that there was a "strong alternative theory" in the case-the one about some outsiders being present in the flat when the murders took place.

The CBI had previously claimed that Rajesh Talwar had found his daughter and domestic help Hemraj in a compromising position, which was ruled out false after post-mortem report came out.

The case was initially probed by the Uttar Pradesh police and later, the investigation was handed over to the CBI.