Cops ID wrong-way driver of truck that killed New Jersey family

Cops ID wrong-way driver of truck that killed New Jersey family

A Bethlehem, Pennsylvania man is speaking out about his brush with death in DE during Friday's wreck that killed a North Jersey man and his four daughters.

Delaware State Police say that the five family members were killed after a pickup truck crossed the median of U.S. Route 1 in Townsend, Delaware, struck a vehicle and then the family's minivan.

Audie Trinidad, 61, and his four daughters - 20-year-old Kaitlyn, 17-year-old Danna and 13-year-old twins Allison and Melissa - were all killed.

Only the mother, 53-year-old Mary Rose, survived the crash.

Police identified the driver of the truck as 44-year-old Alvin Hubbard III of East New Market, Maryland.

Brian Kern, 24, jumped out of a auto on Portzer Road in Milford Township near Quakertown Friday evening, after having witnessed the DE crash that killed a New Jersey man and his four daughters.

Hubbard Jr. was treated and released from the hospital following the crash on Friday.

'It's certainly heartbreaking as you can imagine, ' Delaware State Police Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe told NBC 10. 'Those of us that have families and children, I mean, I feel so bad for this family.

A vigil was held in the borough Saturday night and Mayor Mohammed Hameeduddin spoke during the vigil, calling on the community to rally around the family during this time of tragedy. He catches the back left of my auto and misses my door. "They go to church", he said said.

Laysha Stinger says the family was very kind and generous.

'I see out of my left eye the auto crazily swerving out of control on the grass median.

Devastated relatives gathered Saturday at the family's Teaneck home to process the tragic news. "And they were really great students and they had awesome opportunities and I can't believe this happened to them". He received a photo of the family eating blue crabs on July 4.

A GoFundMe page set up to assist with funeral costs and Mary Rose's recovery had raised more than $113,000 as of Sunday afternoon. "They're really great students and they had wonderful opportunities, I can't believe this happened to them", said Stinger. As of early Saturday evening, the effort had raised almost three times its $10,000 goal.

"Everyone that I knew who went to high school and middle school with them, I can see that they were a part of the Teaneck family". Their bodies in the morgue are unrecognizable'. His passenger who was also treated and released.