World

Turkey gives recordings on Khashoggi's death to Saudis, US, Britain - Erdogan

Turkey gives recordings on Khashoggi's death to Saudis, US, Britain - Erdogan

Jamal Khashoggi, who was an outspoken critic of Mohammed bin Salman, was killed after he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October second.

Turkey has given recordings related to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi to Saudi Arabia, the United States, Germany, France and Britain, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday.

"We gave the tapes".

Erdogan said: "They also listened to the conversations and they know".

"There's no need to distort this issue, they know for certain that the killer, or the killers, is among these 15 people".

Some Turkish media and officials have said Ankara possessed an audio recording of the murder and it had shared it with the head of the CIA Gina Haspel when she visited Turkey in late October.

"The new Saudi totalitarianism, which requires complete subservience and loyalty to the crown prince, has culminated in the scandal of Khashoggi's murder", Al-Rasheed wrote.

Khashoggi's body has not been found and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Edrogan has suggested that it may have been dissolved in acid.




Turkey is seeking the extradition of 18 suspects who have been detained in Saudi Arabia, so they can be put on trial in Turkey.

Some were members of a death outfit known as the Tiger Squad, a team of assassins with close ties to MBS that is used to muzzle dissenters, MEE discovered.

After initially denying and later playing down the incident as a fistfight, Saudi Arabia accepted that the journalist's killing was premeditated.

Last month, Saudi Arabia acknowledged that Turkish evidence indicates that Khashoggi's killing was premeditated, shifting its explanation in an apparent effort to ease global outrage over the death.

It would also force the administration to tell Congress that Saudi Arabia must abide by the agreement's "Gold Standard" and an inspections agreement with the world's nuclear watchdog.

MEE has previously revealed that seven of those sent to kill Khashoggi were members of the crown prince's personal security detail.

Mr Erdogan accused Saudi Arabia's chief prosecutor, who was sent to Istanbul last month as part of a joint probe, of employing "delaying tactics".

He again called on Saudi Arabia to provide answers as to what happened to Khashoggi and his body.